Click here to print the notes for the lesson.
Lesson 9: Satan’s Identity – Strategy – Battle
- Ruler – John 12:31
- Murderer – John 8:44
- Liar – John 8:44
- Accuser – Revelations 12:10
- Deceiver – Revelations 12:10
- Deceiver of the weak – I Peter 5:8 …seeking someone (weak) to devour. Take-away: Satan deceives by appearing to be what he is not (sheep vs. wolf) to find a weakness and take advantage of it.
- Test (trial) vs. Temptation
- a) Test – James 1:2-4 Consider it pure joy when you face trials….it produces patience and patience is perfect work – completeness – Crown of Life
- b) Temptation – James 1:14 …when tempted – drawn away by desire and enticed. When the desire is conceived it gives birth to sin and then matures to death
Take-Away: You have a choice – patience that produces life or desire that births death
The Battle: Luke 10:1-19
Vs. 1a Lord appointed and sent
Vs.1b …where He was about to go
Vs. 2 Harvest great – workers few
Vs. 3 Go your way as lambs among wolves
Vs. 5 When you enter say, “Peace to this house” and if you receive peace – stay and heal. If not, leave – shake the dust off
Vs. 16 He who hears you, hears me….
Vs. 17 70 returned with joy “Even the demons obey”