Click here to print the notes for the lesson.
Lesson 7: Numbers 14:21 …all the Earth shall be filled with the Glory of the Lord
Review: Lesson 6 …have dominion (rule) over – We partner with God to joyfully exercise skilled mastery of life among those entrusted to us to fill the earth with the Glory of God. This is our work.
Today: the Glory of the Lord
Definition: The beauty and excellence of God’s many perfections. i.e. perfect grace – truth – compassion – peace – power – tenderness – holiness…
Need 1: Anything with all those attributes needs to be revealed. That revelation is the Glory of God
Illustration: Hearing about a sunset vs. seeing a sunset
Need 2: A name…. what do you name something like that?
Example from Scripture: Isaiah 6:1-8
- 1 I saw the Lord sitting on a throne high and lifted up
- 3 One cried to another and said, “ Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of Hosts; the whole earth is full of His glory.”
- 4 doorposts were shaken by the voices and the house was filled with smoke
- 5 “woe is me”
- 7 ..and he touched my mouth and said, “Behold your iniquity is taken away.”
- 8 who shall I (the Lord) send … Here am I…
Gen. 18:3 Abraham said, “please do not pass me by”
Take-away: God’s deep longing is for the world to see Him as He really is… see His glory