Click here to print the notes for the lesson.
Lesson 3: Quarantined – Gen. 2:18 – not good for man to be alone
A. Problem Gen. 2:18a – … not good for man to be alone.
B. Solution Gen. 2:18b – make him a helper
C. Result – end of aloneness – Gen. 2:24 …they became one
What: The “very good” God saw in Gen. 2 – they became one flesh…both naked and not ashamed
- Became one–1+1=1(3)
- Condition Gen. 2:16 Eat of any tree but….die
- God saw Gen. 3:7 Eyes opened – saw naked – covered
Story of Shame
- Birth place – sin
- Who – painful emotion caused by distrust
- Self-cure = self cover up – fig leaves
- The Cure – God doing I Pet. 4:8 Most important of all, continue to
show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.
I Cor. 13:5 Love….thinks no evil
App: picture of the relationship between Christ & The Church (bride)
Take Away: How to avoid quarantine (being ashamed) aloneness
- Be perfect in a relationship
- Be in love (Agape) in a relationship
- The Agape Love in a relationship allows you to be imperfect but not fear you will be condemned or shamed.
- Live FREE – naked (exposed) & not ashamed (no fear of rejection)
THAT IS VERY GOOD!!