Lesson 6: Zechariah 9:9-10 …have dominion (rule) over Part 2
Review: Lesson 5 …have dominion (rule) over – We partner with God to joyfully exercise skilled mastery of life among those entrusted to us to fill the earth with the Glory of God. This is our work.
Looking Back: Matthew 7:24 – build your house on the rock
Pandemic – Parallel – Creation Building Blocks
Quarantine – Subdue – Dominion (rule)
Today: “How to” rule from Jesus’ example
Context – Jesus enters Jerusalem Matt. 21:1-5, John 12:12-16
Seeing – John 12:16 His disciples did not understand at first, but when Jesus was glorified, they remembered.
Lessons in Ruling from Zechariah 9:9-10
- Result of Good Ruling – JOY – Zech. 9:9a Rejoice greatly…shout
- Where joyful ruling comes from – The King – Zech. 9:9b Your King comes to you
- How to do “it” – good ruler
- He is just – righteous – legitimate – winner
- And having salvation – save unto – save from
- His Power
- Humility – Luke 19:41-42 As Jesus drew near the city, He wept and said, “If you had known the things that belong to your peace.”
- Donkey (animal of work – peace) not stallion (warhorse)
The result – PEACE – Col. 1:20 Jesus…having made peace through the blood of His cross.